The Adelaide Church of Christ will not release personal information, including email addresses, home addresses and phone numbers to third parties unless authorised by the owner.
As a matter of policy the Adelaide Church of Christ does not show home contact details or the names of people appearing in photographs without the agreement of the individual.
When dealing with your personal information we as a church are required to observe our obligations under the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and comply with the Australian Privacy Principles, as well other relevant State legislation.
The types of personal information we collect include:
- contact details (name, address, telephone numbers, email, etc);
- any idiosyncratic or personal information we obtain from you.
We collect information about people so as to allow us to communicate with them, introduce them to our organisation, promote the Gospel to them and inform them of the work we do.
We do not use the information in any way other than in the furtherance of our objects and purposes.
We might also use your information for the following purposes:
- for the immediate reason for which you have provided it to us (for example, to enable us to process your request, payment, registration, subscription, etc);
- to maintain contact with you about our work, to report to you about our work, or to encourage you to learn about what we do; and
- any other purpose directly related to our work and for which you have provided consent (where it is reasonably required by law)
We don’t rent, sell or exchange your information. The types of organisations to whom we normally disclose your personal information include those who help us administer our technology information systems.
We take reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations when handling your personal information.